View Single Post
10-02-10, 11:13 AM   #23
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's the thing, Neverg, you just never know what type of vulnerabilities out there that those keylog creators are taking advantage of. Adobe Flash is just one I can think of off the top of my head. Not to mention advertisements.... I hate ads to the point that I'm anal about it. I've got ads blocked so I don't see a single one. Not one. Sad thing is, some sites need the cash flow that advertisements bring, but on the other hand none of those ad companies can promise that a keylogger or other form of nasty will never get in. Better to be safe than sorry and just block them all. Sorry, I'm rather passionate about the subject... /end rant.

On another note.... a keylogger will be on your machine for weeks, sometimes even months, before the attacker actually goes into your wow account. Having said that, I doubt you got anything nasty from Curse. I think they are just as picky about what gets uploaded to their servers as the great people here at WoWI.

No offense, but I find it kinda sad that people still wait until after they've been hacked to purchase an authenticator. I was one of those idiots that kept the wow authenticator store page open in my browser for days, and kept hitting refresh until they were restocked lol. Got mine within the first week after they were announced.

Last edited by Petrah : 10-02-10 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling