View Single Post
09-17-14, 08:44 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lightbound View Post
Im not sure if i'll upload that ui set after its finished so im not sure about the aura thing.
As per the license, if you want to upload a modified version, you must rename the addon (not just the folder and files, but function names and globals too, so the original name doesn't show up in error messages/logs either).

Otherwise people download it, forget it's not the official version (or didn't know in the first place, because even if you put a giant flashing message across your download page, they probably won't read it) and waste my time asking for help when it breaks.

Seems like if i change it to RIGHT and BOTTOMLEFT it would gfrow from the left to the right. Is that right?
Yep.

In general i thought about using stuff like Classtimers to track debuffs on the enemy and important buffs on the character. For the Raid buffs i wanted to do a raid buff reminder thing and for the general buffs like the black prince and stuff like that i wanted to track them with Auraframes. ...... Would it than be possible to use KGPanels on the Aura stuff? So i could add like a clickable box to show the default buffs and debuffs that could properly do it. Overall im not sure if i could do that with for example Aura Frames because its not that easy to change the buffs to track and not to track.
It would be possible (though complicated) to have a kgPanel attached to the oUF Phanx auras. The "problem" is that the aura icons are created on demand, so they may not exist when kgPanels loads, and more can be added after kgPanels loads.

I'm not sure what the default buffs and debuffs do "properly" that you're looking for... can you explain?

Personally I use the oUF Phanx auras for important things, and PhanxBuffs (my default buff/debuff frame replacement) to show everything else and raid buffs. The number on the raid buffs box is reminder enough, and I actually have the Black Prince buff hidden completely since it's irrelevant.