Java-Minion on Linux
View Single Post
06-26-17, 04:26 PM
A Kobold Labourer
Join Date: Jun 2017
I know this is a necropost, but I have some info to contribute.
Originally Posted by
Trying to make Minion work on Linux.
> java -jar Minion-jfx.jar
Error: Could not find or load main class gg.minion.Minion
Is there a way to actually launch it? =-)
I got that error message too, and it's pretty useless. What it really means is: You're missing the JavaFX-package. It's not included in the OpenJDK-package, it's an extra package you have to install. "pacman -S java-openjfx" was sufficient on my Arch Linux system, and I was able to run Minion.
Now I only have to find out how to get Minion to do anything...
Got it to run. However, there are several issues:
1. It seems to need a restart before an added game appears in the list.
2. When removing the previously added WoW, an Exception was thrown. Details in this
3. On the next start, another Exception was thrown, seemingly related to unsynchronized access from multiple threads. Details
4. When a game (WoW in my case) was added, subsequent start-ups of Minion are very slow. Console output is showing that the program is working, but the interface takes quite a while to appear.
5. The systray icon sometimes doesn't appear. When it does appear, it's labeled "JavaEmbeddedFrame". The icon's right-click-menu looks awful, with heavily aliased font.
Last edited by thrimbor : 06-26-17 at
. Reason: Added details
View Public Profile
Send a private message to thrimbor
Find More Posts by thrimbor