View Single Post
08-19-15, 12:30 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minion does not support compilations, and probably won't any time in the near future, if ever.

For example, let's say you download Compilation X that contains Addon A, Addon B, and Addon C. Minion can't just assume that A + B + C = X because you could have just installed those addons individually, and if you did, it would be pretty bad for Minion to overwrite them with the versions from Compilation X, which might be out of date or modified.

Another big issue is that many compilations include files that don't go in the AddOns folder and/or require you to go in and make changes to folder/file names or contents by hand, like WTF folders. There's just no way for Minion to handle those cases. The Curse Client doesn't support non-AddOn files/folders either.

If SyncUI is all original code (rather than an actual compilation of other addons) and only installs into the AddOns folder, then it should probably just be moved to an addon category instead of the compliations category, but that would be up to its author.