Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-11-12, 01:38 PM   #391
mitchsb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Draven006 View Post
FOURTH. Rythal---------- PLEASE make your own addon ... use your own code, the maps do not belong to carbonite, they belong to the game. strip out all the junk that carbonite is using, and make a nice streamline addon. if you are worried about the questing DB, maybe make something that players can upload quests that they have completed and make it a "Fan enhanced" addon. I say make a posting for features that players would want to use in "YOUR" addon, or even make separate "Modules" that we can choose what we want.
I vote for a more modular version of Carbonite. I use a lot of the features of the addon, but certainly not all of them. In addition, some parts of Carbonite are more useful at particular times. It'd be nice to be able to customize the features depending on the situation.

And, Rythal, I said it in my last post, and I agree. Please make an addon that does some if not all of the things that Carbonite does. However, make it completely open sourced and available for anybody to make changes.