View Single Post
04-17-10, 12:46 PM   #5
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Didn't really know what to put there, haha. However:

I switched back over to Prat and managed to change the edit box font to have an outline around it, however this is still the thick, shadow-y type of outline that looks really rather ugly. I've hunted for the 'Shadow' keyword again, but can't find anything to remove the shadow. Also, the text at the left of the editbox, before the message is typed (e.g. "Say:") remains unchanged. Maybe there is some way to remove this little piece of text entirely? Might not be a practical solution, but the editbox text is always coloured to the current channel anyway. It would be nice.

I just wonder if there is some way to change the global font of the game to have this kind of outline. I'm not really sure how Outliner achieved it, but here is the LUA from Outliner:
Code:
for i = 1, 7 do
    local chat = _G["ChatFrame"..i]
    local font, size = chat:GetFont()
    chat:SetFont(font, size, "THINOUTLINE")
    chat:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    chat:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 0)
end
Yes, that is it. I'm guessing it's to do with the "SetShadowOffset" and "SetShadowColor" parts, but I'm unsure of how to translate this into any other addon. The main two I want to change right now are Scrolling Combat Text + SCT Damage, and Skada.

Edit: Also, as a little aside, does anyone know what the hell's wrong with Shadowed UnitFrames? All I see is black boxes instead of unit frames. It's really annoying me because I can't stand to use Pitbull and ag_UnitFrames just doesn't have the features I need. Can anyone recommend another good UF mod, perhaps?