View Single Post
08-24-16, 01:29 PM   #5
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by natassja72 View Post
Is there an addon that would let share outfits between characters? And I don't mean the wowhead sets, I'm thinking custom compiled outfits that right now I'm saving for each character in the transmog window, but can't use outside this single character. I have to make and save each outfit from the scratch on every character.
You only have to save the outfits locally and compare those with the outfits saved on the server.

I have the functionality in my WardrobeTools addon in accountwide_outfits.lua, you just have to remove the line that says "Disabled in standalone version" if you want to give it a try. I think it should work, even though I disabled it there.

Some notes on how it works:

- To enable syncing of your already existing outfits you have to talk to a transmog NPC and save your outfits again, because it hooks C_TransmogCollection.SaveOutfit.
- Outfits are only synced between the same classes and you can't have different outfits with the same name (if Mage1 has an outfit called "Set" that uses all T1 apperances for example and you save it to enable syncing and then login on Mage2 who also has an outfilled called "Set" it will be replaced because the one you saved on Mage1 is newer).
- The addon doesn't ask for confirmation when removing an outfit. If you remove the outfit named "Set" from the previous example on Mage2 it will be also removed on every other mage.
- If you remove an outfit while the addon is enabled and create another one with the name of the deleted one while the addon is not loaded it will be removed when you enable the addon again, because it doesn't know that you recreated it.

It's just quickly thrown together, but I've been using it since wardrobe went live without any issues. It might have bugs I'm not aware of.

I don't have time to provide support, feel free to use it until someone uploads something similar. (Or strip all unrelated parts and just release it yourself, I don't care. You might want to add some confirmation dialogs when doing so and maybe also optimize the outfit comparison.)