Thread: OzRaid
View Single Post
09-23-06, 05:10 AM   #1
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OzRaid

Hi all,

Please be gentle- I havent used this site before.
I have just submitted my new addon OzRaid!

Anyway:
OzRaid basically gives you 8 fully configurable health/mana display windows, with a LOT of options. There is a full readme in the zip, so please lookthere for guidance as it can be quite scary for the first time user.

At its heart, you select an input for the window. Usually something like raid members health, but it can be class mana (i.e. combined priests mana) or even targetted mobs health. You then apply filters, that can hide bars ifthey are over a certain percentage, hide basedon group, class type, range, buff status - you name it. Finally you can apply up to two sorting criteria, and then configure the final display (colours, sizes, names, etc.)

Buffs can be selected from a list of practically ALL possible buffs & debuffs. Quite intimidating, but pressing 'default' wil give you a basic selection based on your class. Use the 'clear' button if this window does not need buffs displaying.

As an example, I (as a mage) use the following windows:

A raid overview showing AB/AI, amp/damp magic (if leading a raid I add PoF,GotW, & Soulstone too)
I have a 'buff me' window that is hidden, unless someone in my allocated groups needs AB or AI in which casethe window appears with their names. This both reminds me to buff, and tells me how many mana users inthat group need the buff so I can choose single or group versions.
I have a 'cure me' window, that shows people who a cursed, and in range. I do use decursive but this window is smaller & more obvious, and only showsthose in curing range. if its empty it hides itself, so its another goodreminded window.
I have a mostly hidden 'people near me' window that I pop open for fights such as Ragnaros - warns me ifIm standing too close to anyone.
I have a targetted mob view, showing Curse of elements & sunders, sorted by health. Useful for picking a good target to hit (and an alternative target if I do a big crit & want to switch briefly to keep aggro down)
And I use a class mana view.

Healers can build an emergency monitor, or small windows showing just tanks, or just their groups, druids can show healer mana for innervating, and warlocks can see all the currently engaged mobs and what curses they have - an easy way to tell at a glance if more curses are needed.

You may be thinking this is like CTRaid windows - and it is. You can even set up a CTRaid-like emergency monitor. However, these windows are far more customisable, both in content (with the filters) and in look.

It is the first 'major' addon I have written, and I still have a large 'todo list', but please give comments, suggestions & feedback
I hope you find this addon as useful as I do,

-Ozy

Last edited by Ozymandius : 09-23-06 at 05:18 AM.