Thread: OzRaid
View Single Post
09-24-06, 05:00 AM   #5
Ozymandius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is really useful when click casting, I do not want the bars constantly jumping around
If you just sort the raid by group only, then the bars won't jump around unless their group changes. You can also sort by class, and then group - and again the bars will keep their order.

In filter, what does Buffed mean? Does it mean the person has at least one buff slot filled? It would be really great if we could filter for specific buffs.
'Buffed' currenty means one or more buffs that you are tracking.
Forpally's in particular it would be nice to filter based on different buffs per bar - but what is stopping me doing this is I cant work out anynice way to be able to configure this

Greater Blessings and regular Blessings should probably not have seperate entries in the priority lists.
They have different textures therefore they must be seperate entries I'm afraid. One entry in the list corresponds to a single texture I scan for - no easy way to bunch them up at the moment. The only combined one is Mark/Giftof thewild - because the icon in the buff list is the same for both buffs.

The buffed and not buffed filter is buggy, or perhaps i misunderstood its usage. I tried to make a "Need Rebuff" frame which only shows the not buffed people, and i went to buff setting to only select the buff im assigned, the rest set to "none". It doesn't work.
The need rebuff version _should_ work - I use it at the moment for my AB/AI buffs and it seems Ok. What buff are you checking for & I will see if I can repeat it.
There IS a bug with the 'not buffed' filter tho (for example if you only try to show people soulstone) which I should have fixed for the next version. There is also a small bug with the buff priority - sometimes the buff is listed but doesnt seem to be 'detected' properly. Try 'clearing' the buff list and then resetting the priority of the buff you want & see if it is any better.

Also I'd like to request more frames. Merely 8 isn't enough if, say, you're having one frame per class and want to monitor other stuff. I'd be nice if you can add frame, remove frame, instead of a preset number of frames.
More than 8?!? Umm... I am reticent about adding more - each frame does require a certain amount of overhead, and more than 8 is possibly going to be on the slow side. One frame per class is also very very wasteful - the way the mod works is it starts by adding all 40 raid members to a list then removing the unwanted - so you would be wasting 7/8ths of the processing in each frame. Combine it so you have several classes in a window instead & it would be much more efficient.

I have thought about being able to dynamically add frames - it is on my wish list