View Single Post
09-20-11, 06:09 AM   #12
Clyde_Mobster
A Murloc Raider
As for the wow mod, i've seen tons of 'chat announced' things in game from other player's mods, so I'm sure one could be written to announce/send your threat level to a particular chat channel. Chat logging should be turned on so it's sent to a .txt file within the WoW directory.

Then you'd have to have some sort of app that reads this txt file, based on what ever percentage range you want your lamp colors to be, it would send the signal to the Arduino board to activate that color.

My knowledge of Arduino is almost non existent... so I'm just assuming that there is a driver that allows you to hook up the board to the PC using an available port of some type. Making an app/script to read a txt file for a particular string is one of the easiest things to do. However i'm not sure about sending the signal to the board, this is something you'll need to research. My initial suggestion was creating an app with visual basic, it's easy and there's tons of sources out there.

Thats about all I can offer to ya, I'll keep checkin up on your status though, can't wait to see some pic's and your code on it =)