View Single Post
01-30-11, 02:34 AM   #28
Mr. Tastix
A Murloc Raider
I will say that currently, I prefer the Curse Client over Minion for one reason: Version Checks, and this shouldn't be a problem with addon developers.

Whilst it should be well-known that many addon developers do not update or even monitor their addons for both Curse and WoW Interface (Auctionator is one such addon, for example), what Minion should do is a version check on the addon itself and then compare that to what's listed in their database.

The Auctionator addon is actually version 2.8.8 for example, but it hasn't been updated on WoW Interface to reflect this. In the files itself it says it's version 2.8.8 but Minion doesn't seem to pick this up and still considers it "out of date" when it's fairly clear that the version I've got it a later one than the one WoW Interface's got.

Whether this is a bug or just a missing feature is unknown to me, but it makes the entire point of Minion pointless (to make installing/updating addons easier) when I then have to compare the Curse version to the WoW Interface version.