View Single Post
08-03-08, 05:51 AM   #12
Olvar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
That's not a bug as far as I know, it's due to mods like Bigwigs and Deadly Boss Mods, they have Bossblock features which block RW spam from other mods, these RW messages have 3 asterisks at the start.
Thanks for clearing this up. That explains a lot. I knew that BigWigs had some filter, but I didn't know how it actually worked. I've changed my output accordingly.

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
Stupid question, but are you wanting to only listen to COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED when in combat?
Since Pull Warning shall display a warning as soon as an enemy is pulled but otherwise keep quite during combat, I need the event just before combat is entered. Of course this could be done with PLAYER_REGEN_DISABLED only, but the event for an instant cast fires a little bit earlier and I also like the fact that I'm able to display the pullers name and the enemy.

But your question wasn't stupid at all, because it reminded me that I could actually unregister COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED during combat. I'm not sure how efficient UnregisterEvent() is, but for a longer combat and especially in a raid it will be much better than catching all those combat events and ignoring them.

The redesigned code seems to work fine solo and in a group. I should have a chance to test it in a raid this evening. Unless I notice any problems I'll probably update the addon tomorrow.

Thank again for the discussion.