View Single Post
01-12-15, 07:48 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Thanks Phanx, thats the problem with PvP AddOns, no body wants to maintain them so people who are new with coding try to make and Addon for it.
I suspect this is because addons aren't allowed in "e-sports" PvP, so hardcore PvPers don't use them, and for most casual PvPers the default UI or whatever general unit frame addon they already have is good enough, leaving a rather small potential audience for PvP-specific unit frame addons.

The more I think about it, the more strongly I'd recommend (you or someone else) to just build arena frames from scratch as an oUF layout. All the basic stuff is already handled for you, so aside from telling it where to put things (eg. health bar here, name text there, auras underneath) you'd only need to write the PvP-specific stuff like trinket and DR tracking yourself. This way, at least if whoever writes it is going to stop maintaining it, it would be a lot less work for someone else to pick it up and update it for future patches, since most of the updates would either be already handled by oUF, or just updating spell IDs and DR data.