Quantcast WoWInterface - View Single Post - Differentiating interruptible and uninterruptible spells on castbar?
View Single Post
02-27-18, 06:37 AM   #14
aallkkaa
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Excellent points, Lightspark (and incidentally, you sound much more savy than me on the subject, although "Universal colour-blind-friendly palletes are garbage" is mostly a subjective statement).

Also, I now realised linking top/root pages to WAI and WCAG may not have been my best idea yet.

Something a bit more on point:
http://gmazzocato.altervista.org/colorwheel/wheel.php
How I would personally use this myself would be to, for example:
1. Design something where I used two colors to differentiate between two different states (e.g. your two differently colored bars, for interruptible and non-iinterruptible spells);
2. Input the values of those two colors in the webpage above;
3. Aim at an AA level of compliance (AAA would be welcome but I'd settle for AA for gameplaying) and, if needed, adjust one or both of the two colors to reach AA;
4. Look at the new two colors: do they still look good (in my subjective opinion of course)? If so, go with them, otherwise, probably just go with the original non AA-compliant colors.

So yeah, use something like the page above as post-design adjustment tool, aiming at reaching AA compliance through minor adjustments only. If possible. If not, well...