View Single Post
06-11-23, 05:35 PM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You were warned specifically by the GM that overturned your first ban.
Assuming you are this guy

I am Game Master Cruz_____
<snip>
HOWEVER. Please do not use any programs that read or ‘inject’ into the game, which is what it looks like you are doing with your python program. We do not allow anything like this, it is in our terms of use, and it was this that triggered our systems. It is possible to use these to cheat in the game, which makes it unfair against other players.
There are Auction addons that are allowed to be used, may we suggest you use those. We can not guarantee that if you use the scripts again, you may be locked again.
So you were warned here that bridging the web api and in-game domains might be risky, you were explicitly warned a second time when you were banned and successfully appealed.
But you bought another license and went back to using the program you were warned about.

Now you are "surprised pikachu face". I'm not 100% on whether Blizzard was overzealous and I don't know if you were using a program to automate the user actions required to get the data in-game (reloading) or confirming bids. You say you didn't but you're leaving a lot of stuff out, so let's just say the whole thing doesn't inspire confidence.

Bottomline is you had ample warning that you were skirting a dangerous line.