View Single Post
05-10-09, 12:35 PM   #113
Elesarr
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by lilsparky View Post
i think this is the genesis of the wowmatrix client going in and changing the code. ammo posted a bunch of pages of the wowmatrix client in the wow forums. much of it was fixing typos and other simple bug fixes. so i guess wowmatrix has secretly become semi-maintainers of those mods.
I disagree.

I would much prefer the author to address the issues as s/he knows the mod: WM doesn't (I seriously doubt they sit down and learn how each mod works they host then collaborate with the actual author to ensure any changes they make are in guidance with the official UI changes posted by blizzard - ever heard of TAINT....) and I do not appreciate ANY app doing things on my computer that I am not aware of - WM also messes with the registry settings of the TCP/IP packets.

Any changes made to an addon need to be approved by the addon author with his or her permission to rehost somewhere else - Matrix fails completely in that regard - and since the addon authors prefer to maintain their addons with the tools provided by WOWI and Curse that is where I want to get my addons. If there is an updater fine, if not I spent the first 3 years playing this game manually updating 100+ addons and lost little time playing I play WoW in english - I don't need every single localization update that is put out - its not a new feature for the mod it is so other people can use it and enjoy it as well.

Its a sad day when people are too bothered to download, unzip a file and copy it somewhere.

Thanks but no thanks.

And before you accuse me of just spouting stuff I used to use Matrix...ashamed to admit it....once I found out what they were actually doing to my computer let alone to the OFFICIAL addon sites i dropped it like the leprous creature that it is.

Last edited by Elesarr : 05-10-09 at 12:44 PM.