View Single Post
07-28-16, 09:06 AM   #7
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As per usual I might have gone a bit overboard, lol!

Made a texture with a paper pattern, eroded/tore the edges with Gimp and an acrylic brush as the eraser using my tablet, added some crazy opacity masks, added some slight black shadows to the corners, and a little texture to the overlay, and voila!

What I really wish now, though, was that we could somehow colorize and desaturate the Minimap. Because it's too colorful for my taste. But that's not doable, I guess. Not without going the carbonite way and replacing ALL the zone textures. And I won't be doing that anytime soon. Meaning anytime EVER. Actually, I'd desaturate the whole game a bit if I could. I know that it's a Warcraft thing that everything "goes to 11", but I've never liked it. Too much just makes everything feel like less. If it's always maxed out, nothing will ever stand out! This is fairly irrelevant to the subject in this thread, though. :/

What I can say, though, is that such a huge minimap really improves my personal gaming experience when indoors, or anywhere, really. I find myself using the world map less with it, and it's much easier to navigate in caves, buildings, and so on.

Haven't fully decided if I'll actually go for such a monstrosity of a "Mini"-map in this UI, though. But chances are I will.