Thread: nui lag
View Single Post
08-29-12, 03:20 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI 5 has been known to cause fps issues. I used to go down to 5fps in dungeon runs until I upgraded my computer. Then it went back up to 30+. With all the changes theyve done to the game I wouldn't be surprised that the fps would dip when something like nUI hits it as well. It gathers a lot of information but does eventually release it. I believe nUI 6 alleviates this problem somewhat but I can't remember how much.

But yeah I hear your pain. I used to have to duck out of raids when that happened to me as it was either wipe with me in with nUI running or wipe with me in there without nUI running as I have simply spent too much time with nUI to play without it haha.

That said, it has been noted that since the 5.0.4 patch the fps dipped again. It could be linked to problems that aren't triggering error messages. Unfortunately it is hard to identify the cause in such a big addon without knowing where to start.

On my laptop doing nothing I am at 33 fps which in my eyes is good. With some addons activated it has been known to dip down so I disable them a few times to confirm which ones cause the problem. At present I have nUI+ running with a bulk of my own nUI related plugins turned on and running. But when I was in stormwind it was hell due to the amount of people there.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818