View Single Post
07-17-10, 02:28 AM   #7
svar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

On my workplace, the homeoffice pages (citrix stuff) don`t work.
Well, no problem for the general user in the company, but for me that need to test the homeofice soulution from time to time (working at the IT department of the company), its not so fun.

So, what I did was setup an Linux PC at home with openSSH.
From my work pc, I used Putty to set up an link to my Linux box for SOCKS Proxy at some crazy port (2000,2001,2002 eg) and setup Firefox to use SOCKS Proxy at 127.0.0.1:crazy_port.

This way, every page the company has bloked, I can get to, because Firefox sends every web query, even DNS if you set it up right, over the proxy, and since I use SSH (and offcause not username/password but key-authenticator), every web page is crypted from my work pc to home pc. (from my home line and out its normal uncrypted web)

This way, I don`t only get past the company restrictions, but they can`t see what pages Im on so easly (or at all)
All they see is (if they ever try to see) is that data from my work pc goes to an IP (that is my home external IP), but not what kinds of data.

You`re company shal be very locked down, if you can`t find any port to run SSH over, normaly standar SSH port 21 is not blocked, but you never know.

Quoting the post right above you`re own just make the post unnecessary long.