Thread: Rogue UI
View Single Post
01-23-08, 08:27 PM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ravine_sly View Post
...im not exactle what they would call a UI expert at this time but im quickly learning.
To be honest people tend to become 'experts' with ui's from sheer practice. An example from personal experience:

Not too long ago with the revival of the discord site (thanks to dreadlorde and friends) i decided to try dart for the first time. I personally dont get much from manuals so i tend to learn by fiddiling with things.

I used some art that was linked by dread himself in a thread (the Urk Ui for those interested) and got a working copy of Discord art. It took me a few hours along with learning to use some editing skills in GIMP (also my first time) to get what i wanted. This was literally 3 days ago.

I have been using mods since my 3rd week in WoW and ive been playing well over a year now.

Simply put its all about practice. After some time youll get the hang of various terms and functions and you'll move along nicely. =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 01-23-08 at 08:29 PM.