View Single Post
11-11-09, 09:30 PM   #20
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
The negative side from this is that there will be ALOT more "newbies" that will
get to the max level faster than before, and without using add-ons.
I don't happen to agree here p3lim.

For one thing it's not turned on by default on the build I tried it with (10747 or 10772 I think). It's a bit of suprise when you get it all turned on but it's not turned on by default.

With over 10 million wow players a newbie player will probably turn to their friends , guild mates and family for help first. Then they will turn to resources on the net to look things up before seeking to turn this option on.

My other point is this feature does not play the game for you. Where to go on the map for quest X to get object Y or kill objective Z is all it does.

It's not going to pop up on screen and tell you your HP is going down. The new tutorials help but they aren't going to tell you "Your HP is at 10% press the buttton that looks like this to heal you now"

No. You will still need to learn the play the game. You would still need to figure out that when something's hitting you and your health is low you can press this button to heal you and that it takes x time to activate so start doing it ahead of time.

It's not going to tell you the various ins and outs of playing a class that you learn simply by playing the game (zomg i dont need to keep wasting mana on heals when I can put something on myself to heal me automatically over time .

It's not a hand holder. It doesn't give your prompts on your screen for exactly what spell to push or which button to push at what time.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 11-11-09 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Clarity