View Single Post
06-08-18, 02:20 PM   #8
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Also, if you ever run into a situation where a spell's cooldown is shorter than the global cooldown, then yes, the spell will finish before the GCD, but you will still need to wait for the GCD to finish before the spell can be used. I can't think of a current example, but there used to be cases on my Shadow Priest where Mind Flay would recycle faster than the GCD, and thus I had to wait to cast again.

This is because the GCD cannot drop below 1 second no matter how much haste you have (thus having more than 50% haste is pointless) unless something has changed during Legion or BfA.

Or, think of it this way: Mind Flay has a cast time with 0 haste of 1.5 seconds, with a recycle time of 1.5 seconds, both exactly the same as the GCD. The lowest the GCD can go is 1 second yet I could get 70% or more haste between heroism, buffs, boss debuffs, and my own haste. That knocked Mind Flay to less than a second to cast, but I still had to wait the balance of that second to cast Mind Flay again, and because the GCD was working, neither could I cast any other spell. For between 0.25-0.5 of a second I literally could cast nothing, could not swing my staff, do nothing other than look there looking all priestly.