View Single Post
09-08-10, 09:21 AM   #4
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I don't mind dungeons being hard, but what I really liked about LK dungeons was the time needed to get through one. Don't get me wrong on this one, even a damn freaking hard dungeon doesn't need to take well over an hour. If your group/gear sucks and you wipe at the first trash pack is fine. But having to go through endless wings of ra dungeon and/or additionally masses of trash isn't fun, imho.
From what I've heard/seen so far from cataclysm dungeons is that they do take quite longer. But that might be because of players lacking itemization before going in, I hope.

Anyway, I really hope it will be still possible to do something in cataclysm without having to play 1-2hours at once or raiding in general. I have no time for that.

PS: I don't want well fare epics or whatever, just some reason to log in, because I like that game ... Getting emblems for heroics that could be done in 15-30minutes was a reason for me in LK, because it was fun, fast and after some weeks you could get something out of it. You were still far behind active players, though and that's ok.
I agree to a point. I like the "adventure" dungeons of vanilla. BC they turned into long drawn out trash fights. LK it became "kill a boss, move to next room, kill a boss, continue to end boss" which really kills immersion for me. Some vanilla dungeons were relatively quick (DM east), others took a bit longer (Stratholm) which gave a nice variety based on your available play time. I feel a 15min heroic run is just proof of how dumbed down for casuals the game has become (yes, coming from a casual player. Imagine that!)

But that's just my preference which isn't right, wrong, better or worse than anyone else's. I just feel at this point LK is too easy, repetitive and boring for me at this point.