View Single Post
11-04-10, 09:02 AM   #1
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

low fps causing "jerking"?

This in a way is more about my daughter's computer than mine. We have similar configurations & the exact same video card. Before the patch, the game ran practically flawlessly on her computer...only exception would be some lag in like dragonblight where there were a lot of trees (only in the treey areas tho). Rarely lagged in Dalaran unless it was extremely busy. My computer, on the other hand, has always lagged in Dalaran (attributed this to the one major difference in our computers....she has 2x the ram that I do). Mine also tends to take twice as long to load anything as hers. Here's the weird part though. AFTER patch 4.0.1, she has been having severe framerate issues (especially in Dalaran). Mine it just took updating the video card driver to fix so it pretty much ran like it used to (despite fps being halved). Hers, on the other hand, we have updated drivers, dumped interface, wtf, cache folders & everything else that Blizz has suggested. Dalaran is still a big issue for her but even outside of Dal (doesn't much matter where) she gets really "jerky" (best way we've found to describe it) video. All the "fixes" we've found and tried have helped some (made her sick to her stomache watching it at first so she couldn't even play) but there is still a slight jerkiness to it especially around water & when she's on her flyers. I don't know, is there maybe a setting we should be looking at specifically to be trying to tweak for her? Any suggestions would be helpful. Upgrading her video card isn't really an option at this point (not sure that would help much anyway).