View Single Post
10-16-08, 07:08 AM   #25
Mixsae
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have to, unfortunately, agree with IronFather. I was thinking, honestly, after going through much of the MazzleUI code that it would almost be easier to just start fresh. Granted, I'm a novice at LUA but there were things going on in there that were taking me most of the night to unravel.

So...where do we go from here? I think, if we are not going to build our own wheel, that we are going to have to decide what libraries to start with, what add-on's we are going to include and how to work a good abstraction layer in here so that we can add, remove or replace modules with minimal fuss (because, no matter what current add-on projects we decide on, the likelihood is that add-ons owned by others for whatever reason are going to be terminated, re-worked, etc.).

At this point, frankly, we are going to need a strong leader (or two) who will drive the project. We need someone to pool our resources, set deadlines, set meetings, help us define feature sets and common library usage, coordinate community research (what do people WANT to see in the UI), and coordinate beta testing. We need to turf scope creep, set milestones, set up a change control process, a bug reporting process....I could go on, but why? Basically, we need a project manager. Any volunteers??