View Single Post
10-16-08, 05:28 PM   #37
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Okay. Let's look at core functionality that has to be placed/configured/nudged for Mazzle. As I see it, these types of mods are going to be integral to making something that even comes close.

1. Unit Frames - Mazzle uses DUF which has been (at least partially) updated. The 3D figures are custom Mazzle.
2. HUD & Context Menu - Both of these were custom developed. It appears that the HUD relies on some combination of Discord Art/Unit Frames. Context menu is custom Mazzle.
3. Action Bar - To make the thing look right, I think these have to (at least) be placed. Adding spells would also be nice. (A feature request might be to be able to submit user supplied button layouts)
4. Minimap & Button shuffling - Mazzle was great about removing unnecessary buttons from the minimap and putting them either on a FuBar or custom placing them if there was no FuBar option
5. Mazzifier - This is a gigantic piece of custom code that allows the "base" units to be laid out and configured. This is probably the real work here.
6. Skinning & Efficiency - Skinning the bottom panel is critical (I think) to Mazzle. I'm not so sure about effiiciency modes, I never used them and don't know how crucial they are.
7. Non-core mods - Being able to place "non-core" mods that are still useful is important, but less so.
8. Intelligent enabling of mods - Knowing what class & tradeskills and setting up special mods & buttons. Sure, include class-specific addons (pallypower, shard ace, totem timers, what have you) but turn them off for those classes that don't use them.

That's my input. What do we think?

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester