Thread: Slacker's UI
View Single Post
01-05-14, 08:03 AM   #13
Slackerr
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
It seems to be a UI that favors clicking, am I correct? I don't see any keybindings, but it could be that you just hid them.
I have hidden keybinds from bartenders settings. And im not clicking any spells. Everything is binded to keyboard and Razer Naga. Also using alt, crtl and shift as modifiers so thats why i have so many buttons.

Also, healers will struggle a lot with this UI, because raid frames suffer from the same issue. The vital information a UI provides should be as close to the area where you spend the most time looking, in 99% of cases this is the middle of the screen where your character is, because positioning is so vital in this game. Having raid frames all the way to the left of the screen is a huge problem, especially on a widescreen monitor where you'll have to move your eyes/cursor even further to get the information you need.
I think you're right. I have tested this UI so far only with Melee dps. I think i have to think new position for raid frames.

If it's not made for clicking, why show so many buttons in the first place? It seems like a waste of screen estate to show such an enormous amount of buttons, especially when several are of the same spell (Intervene appears 4 times in the same general area, but not all next to eachother for easy clicking either).
I have lots of buttons yes. Im playing arena and rbg so i need intervene macros for ea player and banner. Still, its easy to customize ui and reduce the amount of buttons, like u can see from

You should provide pictures from a casters point of view aswell, to show where you've put castbars and such. Don't forget to include target castbars too.
Yea, im going to do that after im ready with melee UI

You should consider organizing your WeakAuras or whatever it is in the middle of your screen. That Retaliation icon is going to overlap nameplates a lot, as it does in your screenshot. Finally, if I'm nitpicking, you should also consider changing the timestamps in your chat to not include seconds. You don't have to know which second a message was sent, that's incredibly irrelevant unless you partake in... I don't know, auctions via guildchat?
Im using TMW, u are right with overlapping, not good. Going to think position again. And yea, seconds are not necessary at chat! Thanks for the comment dude.