View Single Post
05-12-09, 10:57 AM   #149
Elesarr
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Shialla View Post
My Take:

<snip>

In the end the people who are hurt by this is we the users, because as has been said we have to keep track of addons via multiple sites again. As for the people who loudly proclaim they don't need addon updaters, good for you. Some of us have too many to manually check each addon across 2-3 different sites to see if it works.

<snip>
been there and done that used updaters and am now back to it.

I used to have to check 5-8 websites back in the day BEFORE updaters. and sometimes more if i was looking for something new and shiny.

Please do not cry about entitlement issues unless you have really had to spend time updating addons; 2-3 sites is nothing.

And do not blame people for being greedy because you have to go to 2-3 websites - can your argument get any weaker. I would wager you have already been to more than 2-3 sites on the web today not related to WoW - and not just today - come clean.

Edit:

I really don't want to sound uncaring - if you have read this topic then you would know I was a Matrix user.

I spent yesterday adding RSS feeds to my shiny new Firefox addon "Feedly" now I know when my addons are updated cause the lovelypeoples with addon sites generally have an RSS feed - well curse doesn't - but I can get those few addons via email.

Not tha hard to without an updater and I run over 100 addons - yes its true.

Last edited by Elesarr : 05-12-09 at 11:06 AM.