View Single Post
07-21-14, 02:12 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
I have live, PTR and Beta installed. Judging by the addon list, Minion detected live and PTR but there is no way of telling which is which, popup just says "World of Warcraft" for both. Edit: Just found the game path under options.
We have a story in our backlog that will add a feature to be able to rename games. Yeah the options window as you found will at least list the detected path.

For one, Minion detected 8 of 83 installed addons while for the other it found 36 (but only 7 of the 8). Admittadly not all are on WoWI but they are the same addons on both installs although some on the PTR will be older.
Would you be willing to email me your addons ([email protected]) so we can take a look for our selfs? I can understand if you rather not. If you haven't restarted Minion yet can you share your minion0.log (C:\Users\<your username>\.minion\minion0.log) it should have a log of how it detected all your AddOns (file gets over-written on each start).

Can I ask what is used to detect the version number in the installed addon? For the 1 FauxMazzle addon deteected the installed version minion displayed is 5.4.0 although the TOC ## Version: 1.0.1 and the only entry remotely associated with 5.4.1 is the ## Interface: 50400.
It tries to match it to a version in our database. We may need to change this and have it display the number it gets directly from the toc.

Does the list automatically update for new/removed addons each time it loads? If not is the there a refresh mechanism?

Edit: Meant to add, It's looking good.
Minion will do a sanity check on each startup to check for missing/new addons, so if you manually remove an addon vs using the in menu right click "uninstall" option it won't show until you restart at the moment.

The AddOn data from our API that Minion uses is refreshed automatically so new Addons and Updates will be shown with out having to restart Minion.