View Single Post
08-06-08, 12:55 PM   #336
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow...just ... WOW.

I've seen a lot of traffic to the nUI forum on WoWI lately, but always steared clear, myself. I never tried Mazzle, and don't think it looks useful enough to want to put myself through the wringer just to get a decent UI. Most other compilations and UIs are just slapped-together collections of mods and some SavedVars. So I didn't think nUI was going to have any real attraction, but I got sick of my 1 minute character load time cuz I have so many mods. So I made a copy of my WoW folder, deleted Interface and WTF, loaded in nUI, tried it out, and was quite thoroughly blown away.

Yes, I had to reintroduce several mods (I decided to try out combuctor, in place of ArkInventory that I've been using), Cartographer, QuestGuru, Clique, QuestHelper, MSBT, Titan, Atlas, etc., but they worked just fine! On that note, those mods all work seemlessly with nUI. If your users want that functionality, I would encourage you to let them download the addon. I don't see any reason to integrate QH into nUI by default. It's a giant database, that will vastly increase the size of the UI. People may be playing their 70 doing raiding or pvp, long done with quests. As I see it, your UI is just the stuff that people will need, and a good framework to add individual customizations into.

However, before I can delete my current Interface and replace with nUI, I have some concerns. I know v2.0 is in beta, but I can't read the entire forum just now, so forgive me if something's already been asked / explained.

1) I've grown accustomed to being able to see party frames and Omen when running heroics. Can we / will we be able to configure the UI such that they can both be visible simultaneously?

2) Clicking to cycle toggle the right panel's modules (v1) was growing tedious. Can we get a right-click option with a menu of info modules available? (Similar to r-clicking on the frame title in Recount to select the report to view) Or does that already exist in v2?

3) I've gotten quite accustomed to Quartz, Elkano's BuffBars, and Grid for various reasons, and I like the customizability those offer me. Is it / will it be possible to disable the portions of your UI that control the buffs, the raid frames, and the cast bar?

4) I hate HUDs. Can I turn yours off (once v2 is out so I can see my target's health)?

lol Well, as I've been writing this post, it has become obvious that I'm rather pickier about this than I thought... I hope you're not offended, I really like your UI. Don't try to pull your "your wish is my command" thing here, I know how much work all of this would entail. In reflection, I think I'll probably just have to find a panel that looks as nice as yours, recreate the basic setup, and create my own UI. /sigh