View Single Post
08-28-12, 03:25 PM   #56
Shaloom
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up Mop Forward

Id just like to say a massive thanks Rythal for the work your putting in, addon code is 1 thing i cannot get my bloody head around, would drive me mad.

I think i speak for all of us when i say i truely hope the developers make it know if they plan to carry on, an if not pass you permission to develop this addon.

If does come down to you takeing this over im sure you will find no lack of support to setting a siteup to host the add-on with form etc, hell i would even buy the domain and pay for the hosting for you given how simple it is to do these days.

With regard to addon functions, the days of addons that provides quest data is done with, the better option is just to tie-in with blizzards own quest helper, as long as the map shows the area were the quests items are etc, i think we can cope zooming out and finding this ourselfs i personaly can do without the little minimap arrows.

the main love for us all is the googlemaps, if we could have this with the other rubbish with node tracking etc removed (hell whats why we have gatherer) i think we would all support this.

PLEASE IF I COULD ASK 1 THING OF YOU CARBONITE DEVELOPERS, POST A MESSAGE GIVEING PERMISSION FOR THE COMMUNITY TO TAKE THIS ADDON OVER, IN SIMPLE TERMS IF YOU DONT WANT TO UPDATE THIS NONE IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO MAKE DONATIONS FOR A BROKEN ADDON.

YOU HAVE HAD A GOOD RUN AND BEEN SUPPORTED BY THE COMMUNITY, IF YOU TRUELY DO NOT WISH TO CONTINUE WITH THIS ADDON THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY, IN SIMPLE TERMS GIVE US THE ADDON SO WE CAN CONTINUE YOU WORK.