View Single Post
10-01-09, 04:08 AM   #7
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I don't know what you use Aloft for. I know it is a name plate mod but I don't what extra goodies you have added to your name plates or if you just changed the look of them but a good alternative in my opinion is CaelNameplates and as far as grid there is oUF_Freebgrid which I put on my sister's computer when she decided that she should cut back on addons and the oUF layout I use is oUF_Caellian. Yes I do heal with Caellian's oUF layout I prefer it to grid personally because it has a nice style but I know it isn't for everyone who wants to heal which is why my sister settled for freebgrid because she prefers to heal with that. The nice thing with Caellian's layout and I am sure other oUF layouts that utilize this is you can get an xp bar and reputation bar plugin and at least with Caellian's layout they auto hide and sit above the player frame so if you are like me and dont need to see the xp/rep bar all the time its nice. Also the cast bar from Caellian's player frame does everything I need it to so I imagine you could probably replace quartz as well. Oh and Caellian's oUF layout also supports buffs and debuffs so you might also be able to replace SBF as well.

I also second or third litepanels for kgpanels while it might seem daunting to try to transfer and remake your panels in an lua file it isn't really that tough and if you need any assistance people are usually nice enough to throw you a bone. As for proc monitoring addons I use InlineAura. I have also replaced Prat which was hard to do cause its an addon I just love and replaced it with basicchatmods cause I had found myself more and more cutting modules from prat and realized that basicchatmods comes with everything I was using from prat.

Apologies for such a long post and not putting things in list form but I just started typing and it came out in this big pile of words . I personally prefer Recount to Skada *waits patiently for gasps of shock and horror* the reason I prefer it to skada is because it gives me more info and well quite frankly, I am willing to pay the little amount of memory usage for it and combined with recount_threat I don't need omen either! Of course in this day and age who really needs omen anyways it isn't as easy as it was to pull aggro. I would also recommend grabbing an addon called AddonLoader, basically from what I understand (yes I use it...I know bad of me to put something on my computer without fully understanding it) it prevents addons that support it from loading until you need them so for instance if you have a mod that modifies the vendor window such as GnomishVendorShrinker than it won't load until you first visit a vendor. There are alot of mods that actually support it and it doesn't really use much memory so you might as well grab it and it isn't like it will hurt your memory usage at all. Anyways again I apologize I tend to ramble on, hope some of this helps.

- Winston Churchill