View Single Post
01-07-19, 04:00 AM   #7
Shiezko
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Reser View Post
A bit of a necro but the issue with the code letting non-whitelisted debuffs through seems to be that there's a lot of debuffs going around that don't have a caster tied to them. Seems to be world buffs e.g. in BGs, some azerite traits, and debuffs by people whose nameplates you are not in the range of. This makes

Code:
local function newShouldShowBuff(_,name,caster)
    return name and (whitelist[name] == caster or whitelist[name] == "all")
end
return true for debuffs that have a name but lack a caster and aren't found in the whitelist (caster == nil == whitelist[name]). Easy enough fix for this is to check the caster to make sure that non-whitelisted debuffs wont go through.

Code:
local function newShouldShowBuff(_,name,caster)
    return name and caster and (whitelist[name] == caster or whitelist[name] == "all")
end
I had all but given up on this for months now and just enabled all my personal debuffs instead. I'll spend tonight setting this up and tomorrow testing it. If it works, I will be extremely thankful! I've been trying to do this for years on and off with no success.

EDIT: I've run into a problem with this. I want to track the Monk class's Disable root but not the slow. Both of the debuffs have the same name, so is there a way for me to see the root on all my characters and both on my Monks?

Last edited by Shiezko : 01-07-19 at 05:22 AM.