View Single Post
07-25-08, 04:40 AM   #220
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Okay...

So, I've been jamming code a couple of days now on the new unit frames and I'm really psyched about the design. I think it's going to rock in the long run for performance, for reconfigurability and expandability. The new unit frames are going to blow you away.

But... along the way I've been struggling to figure out how to deal with the size issue for the party frames and the raid frames. Anyway... I'm laying in bed trying to get to sleep with my mind gnawing away on the problem when it hit me. ~Lol~ I actually had to get out of bed to write it down so I didn't forget. I am SUCH a geek.

Here's what I came up with and I'd like some feedback before I invest the energy in doing it... What I came up with was to turn the entire center section of the dashboard into something similar to the information panel that's on the right side only this will be strictly for unit frame information.

I can use the entire area of the player, pet, pet target, minimap and location, target, ToT and ToTT as one large panel that you can toggle into three states: (1) player/target mode (basically what we have now including the minimap), (2) party mode which would show the player, all four party members and everyone's pets and targets (not sure if I can fit the minimap in that one or not -- maybe a small version of it) and (3) raid mode which would fill the center section with all of the raid units and room to spare.

I could provide both clickable buttons to select the mode and keybindings to change modes.

So... what are everyone's thoughts on this idea?
Not sure if i quite follow your description, but it sounds like a good idea!