View Single Post
12-05-05, 07:49 PM   #1
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
T.King's Elfwood for World of Warcraft

T.King's Elfwood for World of Warcraft - version 1.0

Description

Elfwood is a nature based theme using vines, ivy, leaves, and tree roots. The amethyst stone represents the mystical magic of the Elves.

* This is a rather detailed theme, with all of the twisting and interwoven vines forming the very framework of panels. The concept was to organize vines into the existing framework, while maintaining the randomness of nature. Vines tend to grow up and around things, so it makes perfect sense to see defined shapes using vines.

This theme has been tested with many addons, and has worked wonderfully thus far.

Latest News - Updated Information:

* December 5th, 2005
  • I will be patching in refinements to further improve the overall theme. (see release notes)
    Be sure to read installation instructions, and any “Special notes” below.
  • This is my second crack at the WoW interface, so you'll notice that this theme is quite complete throughout the entire interface, even before you're in-game.
  • I'm planning to release (2) more themes before Christmas.

You can download it here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4381

Release notes:

This is my second release of a graphical conversion interface. This interface contains T.King original artwork and design. Some planned enhancements to this theme are:
  • Sharpened graphics and contrasts. When WoW draws the interface to scale, pixels are resampled in a way that smooths out details. The work-around for this as I've discovered, is careful planning with the use of contrasting colours.
  • The cursor needs to be incorporated, this won't take long at all.

Installation instructions:
  • Save TKing_Elfwood1.zip to your World of Warcraft folder, and extract. Allow it to overwrite files if prompted to do so, unless you suspect there are custom graphics belonging to an addon (in any case this shouldn’t be a problem).
(PLEASE NOTE) When you select Extract All, make sure the destination for the extraction is \program files\world of warcraft - and not \program files\world of warcraft\TKing_Elfwood1\ - simply backspace over the \TKing_Elfwood1 path.
  • The .zip file creates the folder \data\interface with additional subfolders containing the graphics (.blp) files. To remove this theme, simply remove the subfolders beneath \data\interface.
  • Launch World of Warcraft.

That’s all there is to it!

Special notes:
  • I'm working on implementing a installation program for the next update. This installation program will be released with updates that include the cursor for this theme.

Kuvasie and I will do our best to answer all questions regarding this interface. Thank you for using Wowinterface.com.

Team credits:

- Artwork/Design by T.King. | [email protected]
- Coded/Edited and Tested by S.Buchanon. (Kuvasie) | [email protected]

Special mentions:
  • A very special heart felt thanks to Kuvasie for helping me bring this UI to life, her hard work and dedication are as always unrelenting.

T.King Art:

http://tkingart.com

Sample Image:

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]

Last edited by T.King : 12-05-05 at 08:00 PM.