kaels
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gregity View Post
Parent
A - topleft to topleft of parent
B - topleft to bottomleft of A
C - topleft to bottomleft of B
Parent - bottomleft to bottomleft of C ??

I want A to track with the Parent, but I want the size of parent to track with bottomleft of C.

Once I've set all the points, if I then change the size of "B" then does the parent frame adjust size?

Upon hiding the "B" frame, does that break the chain or does it count as a zero size? Is it as if its topleft = its bottomleft? (That would be great)

-g
This is somewhat confusing. Basically, as far as I can tell, you want 3 vertically-stacked frames, aligned on the left side, all on top of a single background (the parent), and you want to be able to resize the parent and C (but not A and B) by moving the bottom left corner of the whole thing.

If so, then what you have will work. Note also that you will have to manually set the heights of all three frames, since there's nothing in the chain that tells them how big to be.

Changing the height of B will change the height of the parent (it will move the bottom edge of B, which will move the bottom edge of C).

Hiding B will not have good results. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe C will disappear because it's no longer anchored to anything. You will need to manually re-anchor the topleft of C to the bottomleft of A.

Now, if you want A and B to resize as well when the parent resizes, then you start with the same basic setup, give all three child frames fixed heights, and then in your resize function you include instructions to set the height of each child frame to some multiple of the height of the parent frame.

Last edited by kaels : 07-14-12 at 06:36 PM.