View Single Post
12-24-14, 12:37 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by natassja72 View Post
How do I use this mod? I suffer from long loading screens so I decided to try it. All I'm getting on login is stuff unrelated to addons printed to chat:
I was going to say "scroll up" but then I realized you're probably using an unmodified default chat frame that only remembers some uselessly small number of lines. I've also figured out why the original file was referring to some random global (a custom message frame with that name was created in the XML file but the Lua was loaded first, so the frame didn't exist yet when the Lua code loaded) and fixed that up so it shouldn't matter now.

Originally Posted by natassja72 View Post
0,035 sec don't seem to have much impact on login times. I'm sure there must be more addons slowing it down.
There are. There are also lines telling you how much total time it took to load all addons, and how much time was added by Warmup itself -- running Warmup will double or even triple the time it takes to load addons, mainly due to the memory measurement parts, but won't affect the rest of the loading time (listed as "world entry time") which is how long the loading screen should take without any addons at all due to the stuff SDPhantom mentioned, like connecting to the servers, loading models and textures and other data from disk into memory, etc.

You can also try running Warmup without any other addons to get an exact number on how long it takes to load "bare", though again, Warmup will add a bit of time since it's still measuring load times and memory usage for the hidden Blizzard addons.

--------------------------------

I also went ahead and just created a project for this on GitHub so I don't have to keep swapping out forum attachments. I don't plan to make an "official" release on WoWI etc. though. If anyone familiar with the memory debugging API wants to look at the memory reporting bits and make a pull request I'm happy to accept one.

https://github.com/Phanx/Warmup