View Single Post
04-22-10, 07:56 AM   #256
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by raraz View Post
ok....I found it out myself as described here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...=faq&faqid=361

I just wonder now if it would be possible to popup bars/buttons (actions) if an action is available.
The concept of Power auras.
As in a clickable button? The short answer: No except for out of combat.

Prior to Patch 2.03/Burning Crusade, something like this was possible, however as of patch 2.03, Blizzard changed the combat code to "secure" code. Basically, when you enter combat, your UI will lock down. Thus buttons cannot appear or dissappear while in combat IF they affect combat in any way (such as popping up or removing buttons that can be used to click and perform an action such as casting a spell or using a special attack). This was done to prevent automating the game too much. When you enter combat, your buttons have to remain as they are until you exit combat. No switching out spells, popping up buttons based on available abilities, or anything of that nature.

Static info only displays such as Power Auras and Doom Cooldown Pulse are fine as they only present information (such as a cooldown finishing or something like Rime proccing) and you still have to select and press the needed button.