View Single Post
12-16-17, 07:21 AM   #7
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sure, Curse/Twitch has their Author Rewards Program, but my main reason for having Curse be my development hub is the easy to use localization system.

Anyone can contribute translations to my addons, and if there are new or updated localizations, then I simply tag a new release. I don't have to worry about someone sending me a lengthy Lua file where I then need to manually add to my folder, then upload, then do this, do that, etc. It is extremely painless to get translations.

If the ARP was truly worth it, and if the ARP was actually paying enough money for me to sit up and take notice, then that might be a deciding factor, but it is not. For me, the ARP takes 2-3 YEARS for me to make $50 because none of my addons combined add up to enough points. This is definitely not a paid enterprise.

As a side note, I do not stream to Twitch, although I could –– everything is set up –– which has absolutely nothing to do with me or anyone using or not using the Twitch App. Certainly the Twitch App makes that simpler, but it has no bearing whatsoever on installing or updating the addons I use. In fact, if I were to stream, I probably would use OBS because I am more familiar with it and it may provide more options and control.