View Single Post
07-22-14, 12:09 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
What resolution are you running on your desktop? The text doesn't seem that tiny to me running a 27" monitor at 1920x1200?
1920x1080 also on a 27" monitor, but my eyesight is horrible. I can read printed text (at normal sizes in novels etc.) only up to about 4" in front of my face. I have my browser set to force all text to at least 15px because nothing below that is normally readable.

On the addon info rows I circled in the Minion screenshot, the bigger text only measures 10px high, and the smaller text 8px -- for someone with normal eyesight that's probably at the bottom end of the readable range, but I could only read it with a lot of squinting and leaning toward the screen. I do wear glasses, but there's only so much they can correct for astigmatism, which makes it difficult to focus on fine line details like text.

How many AddOns do you have installed? I see you have 80 AddOns listed as needing updates so I'm wondering if its laggy because of that? Is the Addon list under the "Find more" tab laggy as well? If not that would maybe point to something in the update cell UI causing the lag.
Luckily, I actually just counted my addons last night for an unrelated conversation with a friend. I have about 150 actual addons, but there are nearly 300 folders in AddOns due to so many addons having multiple folders to placate the "omg if my addons load their 200kb options modules before I actually open the options window my computer will explode" crowd.

I'm not sure why Minion thinks that 80 addons need updates, though I did notice that the number decremented each time I updated an addon. About 80 addons were shown on the list (the rest, I guess, aren't hosted on WoWI at all) but only about 25 were actually shown as needing updates, and most of those were my own addons, which are SVN working copies rather than actually out of date.

This is something in the core vBulletin system causing this. I don't believe its happening to our Addon images if you view them raw?
Addon images also double (roughly) in size, though they don't seem to suffer the quality loss. I gave several examples in my first thread about the problem back in 2010 (though only the last example is still live) and I noticed it was still happening recently, though I don't recall exactly which addon it was on. I do need to update the images on some of my addons, so I'll post new examples on that thread when I do.