View Single Post
12-22-14, 06:14 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
most of the issues I described in my first impressions thread still stand, and overall it doesn't feel like an app that's being actively developed.
It is actively developed with 1.5 FT people on it (1 FT Java (jwood), 1 half time javafx UI and API (me, other half is on the website stuff)) but we have been blocked from releasing due to JDK8 upgrade and resulting rabbit holes. We thought it would only take 1 sprint and so far it has taken 3 . We are at the home stretch and just finishing the new windows build tools in JDK8 so I really want to release a new client early in the new year. We decided to update to JDK8 and put in a system so we can easily follow and update Minion to run on the latest stable JDK inside its JVM instead of lock it down and wait until it gets too old and then spend 5years trying to update it. This will allow us to get updates out quicker and those UI features, etc easier and should fix a lot of these issues people have even loading Minion.

I'll take the time to read the rest of the post but I just wanted to respond to that real quick. Thank you for the feedback!

Last edited by Dolby : 12-22-14 at 06:24 PM.