View Single Post
10-04-09, 02:02 AM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thus far, the only issues I am having with Linux is crappy support for my GFX card. I can't play any 3d games (including WoW) as the drivers for my ATI card don't have decent 3d support. Sadly, after researching the issue, it turns out that my only solution to play WoW under Linux is to replace my GFX card which is pretty close to impossible as my mainboard was one of the last to use the AGP slot for the GFX card. ATI support for Linux prior to the merger with AMD was lousy at best so those of use with older ATI cards (like me) are out of luck until we replace the card/rebuild our systems.

Other than that, Linux has been great. No sound issues, most videos work fine (I can't get the one Real video on my HD to play and Helix does not load for some reason).

I am looking at switch over to Kubuntu when 9.10 is released as I like the KDE environment. I would installed Kubuntu when I did the Windows to Linux switch however Windows was being a pain in the rear and would not burn anything to disc. Plus Ship-it did not Kubuntu CDs at that time (around the time 9.04 was released). However now at least I can do a simple Apt-Get to get convert.