View Single Post
07-14-10, 09:52 PM   #1
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

BETA; First impressions

Okay, I'm starting a new thread for first impressions of the Cataclysm Beta.

I hope this will be the place where we can discuss our likes and dislikes about the features, talk about where things have been relocated, etc...

When I first logged on, the first thing I noticed was that I probably should've stuck with a premade class that I was really familiar with. I logged in with a premade rogue, but its been so long since I've played one that I couldn't tell heads from tails over what my specs should be.

Next thing I did was to check my inventory. NICE! 5000g, a bronze drake, one of those feathery ostrich looking mounts (I can't remember the name) and some pretty decent gear, plus extras in your bag so you have some choices over how you're equipped.

The ability to fly in the main continents is really nice too. The only problem I had there was flying over Stormwind, I couldn't tell where I was from the air without looking at my map, because I'm so used to ground travel there.

Anyway, these are the first few things to strike me in the short time I had before my toon copies carried over and the servers reset.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn