View Single Post
05-09-09, 10:56 PM   #104
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lilsparky View Post
"potential loss"? how do you measure potential? the wowmatrix client has no less potential than curse or wowi's client, does it? automated is certainly less secure than manual. and addons are less secure than no addons, for that matter.
I measure potential based in this case on past actions. So in my personal opinion WM has a greater potential for dishonesty.

Ill rephrase though. That people would allow a program to operate on their computer with the information provided on what its modifying without their knowledge and THEN defend them saying they see no reason not to trust them just strikes me as foolish at best. All of this in the face of previous dishonest actions.

Does any updater have the potential for this to happen? Sure. Do i believe that the upcoming Minion will do this? Absolutely not. Why? MMOUI has a very long track record of being upfront and honest. Even when there is no possible way for them to come out of the situation with anything other than a 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' solution. The same in my estimation cannot be said for WM. I will not claim a perfect track record for mmoui however as there was a period of about 4 years between my time on eqinterface and then coming to wowinterface that i played no online games so cannot attest to what did or did not happen. Though i have no reason to believe any different.

And knowing the community on this site i can guarantee that someone will pull it apart and see what it does if for nothing more than curiosity. Programmers are entertaining like that =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor