View Single Post
08-06-08, 12:13 AM   #323
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
For those who are wondering where the BOOM!! is coming from when u r about to pull aggro, that is OMEN2. U can disable it through the options in the omen config menu
I was pretty sure it wasn't me that did that... thanks for the confirmation.

Speil will there be options to turn off all those extra frames. This is gunna sound really stupid but i have no need for a focus frame, as i dont no what is is. I have been playin for about 3yrs and i still have no idea what a focus traget is and how it works (the only frames i have ever used is player, pet, target, ToT and pet target as wells as party and raid frames.
Well... all of the frames only appear if the unit in question exists... so... things like mouseover, focus, etc don't appear unless you select a focus target or mouseover a mob. If you don't type "/focus" on a target, you won't see the frame. Likewise, if you're not mousing over a mob, there's no mouseover frame.

The mouseover frame is something I have been wanting to do for a long time... take trying to target mobs in an instance as an example, rather than have to click to see if the mob you've moused over is the one you want, you can see it just by having the mouse over it... if it's the one you want, click, otherwise move the mouse to find the one you want. The mouseover feature also lets you peek at health without changing targets.

Believe it or not even the ToTT (target of target of target) can be pretty handy if you know how to use it. Take a battleground for example... you're targeting a team member to give a heal... he's targeting a rogue who has stun locked another team member... you can click the rogue's target (the ToTT) to give that team member a quick heal before the rogue can finish him off. Follow? There are other examples, too... but I'll not waste the bandwidth to prattle on about them.

It's things like that that cause me to devote space to ToTT and with the panel I'm about to demonstate in another hour or two or so, you'll see that I'm actually using very little space for that... great benefit at a small price.

I do hope having all the unitframes look like that focus frame in your screens shots is an option as they look really sweet
I got a ton of feedback both on the boards and by e-mail... I even had one user call me up and chew on my ear for about an hour or so (kidding... it was a very productive conversation). In any event... wait until you see what I've done today. OMG I love it. I'll be posting a new set of screencaps as soon as I can.

Regardless this is still my favourite UI. I used to change UI's weekly now i dont give other UI's a second look. This is a great piece of work.

Thanks... that honestly means a lot. I work very hard on this and it always feels good to know it is appreciated.