View Single Post
07-24-16, 06:08 AM   #7
Layback_
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Thats a bit more advanced stuff, I don't think you need that right now. Also it might be useless since your border is very simple

But basically you split up the texture phisically or virtuaally with SetTextCoords to 8 parts (9 if you also need to middle) and SetPointing the textures yourself. With this method you gain full control over the textures and pointing and scaling wise gives you much better accuracy, allowing to create absolutely non-blurry pixel perfection border images at any scale level with even very narrow edge files.

http://tr1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2015...indowSmall.gif
Hi again Resike,

Actually, the current border is just for testing and it would possibly be changed later as I make a solid decision.

Firstly, I have tried with your first method
Lua Code:
  1. local backdrop = Health:GetBackdrop()
  2. backdrop:SetFrameLevel(Health:GetFrameLevel() + 1)

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working as it passes me an error saying that SetFrameLevel function cannot be applied to backdrop.

Secondly, about your second option, u mean that I'll have to create 8 different textures around status bar like top-left corner, top, top-right corner, right, bottom-right corner, bottom, bottom-left corner and left?