Quantcast
WoWInterface - View Single Post - Totem Tag - help needed
View Single Post
12-13-13, 12:21 PM   #5
Pyrates
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for your suggestions. I tried it, but to no avail I also inserted a print statement, and it seems clear to me the function is never called. I did confirm PLAYER_TOTEM_UPDATE fires when I plant a mushroom... might have something to do with the unitless events, but I have no idea how to check for that.

I did run this script ingame:
Code:
local event = 'PLAYER_TOTEM_UPDATE'
for i = 1, select( "#", GetFramesRegisteredForEvent(event)) do
 local frame = select(i,GetFramesRegisteredForEvent(event))
 print(frame:GetName())
local func1 = frame:GetScript("OnEvent")
print(func1)
end
It printed "TotemFrame" and a function number... seems reasonable enough, but I don't know where to go from here. I tried running "func1("PLAYER_TOTEM_UPDATE",1)", but that didn't do anything...

(e) I just remembered, there's another tag that's not working. I didn't want to ask 2 questions at once, but maybe they're connected? The other tag is

Code:
oUF.Tags.Events['BossBars:health'] = oUF.Tags.Events["curhp"] .. " " .. oUF.Tags.Events["maxhp"]
oUF.Tags.Methods['BossBars:health'] = function(unit)
		local m = UnitHealthMax(unit)
		if(m == 0) then
			return 0
		else
			return math.floor(UnitHealth(unit)/m*100+.5)
		end
end
It's "somewhat" working in that it shows HP percent, but it only updates when I change target. Seems some events don't reach their functions? Strange, the other tags seem to work just fine (and the healthbar of that unit works nicely as well).

Last edited by Pyrates : 12-13-13 at 02:28 PM.