View Single Post
12-17-13, 06:48 AM   #30
sankagee
A Kobold Labourer
I've been playing wow for over 6 years, and I think there probably aren't many addons that I haven't tried out yet. I've used nUI+ for several years, and have mailed Scott multiple times, mostly with stupid questions. Never ever has he lost his patience, always answering immediately and just being helpful.

It's thanks to people like Scott, who put a lot of work in their addons, that WoWInterface has a meaning of life. WoWInterface produce an ok platform like so many others, nothing more. Useful, yes, but hardly innovating and helpful at the core which is playing WoW. If not for nUI, I wouldn't have known WoWInterface, and most certainly wouldn't have used it (I only used it for nui anways), as there are many much better platforms out there, like Curse.

If there is an author who asks for payments for his addon, which is against Blizzard policy, then each of the parties should be involved in the matter as such as their role is: Blizzard as the owner of WoW, the author who has his way of seeing things, and WoWInterface as the platform. As the platform meaning: be glad an addon author has chosen you and be glad it's thanks to that same author you get 600 000 extra visitors for your website where you don't have put any programming work in, so let the author and blizzard fight out the differences where you have absolutely no part in as you, as the website, do absolutely no work for Blizzard/WoW itself, and be quiet until they have worked out a solution. You let the authors do all the important work, let them get you visitors, and yet get paid for advertisement while blackmailing them to do whatever you want. Blizzard doesn't want addon authors to gain money on behalf of their game, yet you do exactly that: gain money on behalf of the authors. Once you remove all advertisement and run a free website, you have a right to speak.