View Single Post
07-15-10, 12:10 PM   #17
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
I agree. Click to cast healing isn't as fast or as functional as a macro that can do much more than that, without having to click things. Sounds better when you can just hover and heal to me :P
What is faster is a matter of play style. If you think of it this way: Your in a highly mobile fight. You press a macro while having to hover the mouse over a target. It means you don't have your hands on the keys to move. Since the mouse is already over the target of your heal you can just click it and still have the ability to move more quickly since your hands are over the keys already.

Short version 2 hands that could do the job of one. And a simple modifier key gives it nearly the same functionality of a macro while keeping your hands on movement keys (all hail the pinky!).

And I'm sure from experience there are counter arguments in the opposite direction. I can say I've tried both ways and i just ended up being faster with click casting. Its merely preference.

On topic:

I would have to say action bars because i hate having my skills spread out the way the default one does it. Combat switching is pretty handy too.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor