Thread: dual monitor
View Single Post
06-20-10, 11:10 PM   #9
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Okay, here's a step-by-step... let me know if it works for you.

Files in addition to WoW that you'll need:
  1. Add-on: Sunn - Viewport Art
  2. External Ap: wind1.exe (also attached to this post)

Setting it up:
  1. Download the two items listed above.
  2. Install Sunn - Viewport Art like you would any other addon
  3. Copy the wind1.exe file to your WoW folder, or any other place you would like to run it from. It doesn't matter where, just make a shortcut next to your WoW launcher shortcut.
  4. Edit the config.wtf file in a text editor like Notepad (WinXP it's in the WoW folder, Vista or later it's in the user\appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\WoW\WTF folder - by default)
  5. Either add or edit the following lines:
    • SET gxResolution "0000x0000" (set this to 1/4 of your display resolution for BOTH monitors - ie 1920x1080 on 2 monitors would be 3840x1080 x 1/4 = 960x270)
    • SET gxWindow "1"
    • SET windowResizeLock "1"
  6. Save and close the config.wtf file
  7. Open the WoW Launcher. Click Play. A small window for WoW should start loading; while it is loading, quickly run the wind1.exe shortcut. When WoW finishes loading, it should fill your entire displays (emulated fullscreen).

At this point, it is a matter of using SunnArt to configure your display correctly. If you shrink it down to one screen for rendering and one screen for panels, you will want to use the Move Anything addon to move your panels around, because everything by default will be centered around 0,0 (which is in the middle of your two displays).

Enjoy!

Note to mods: the wind1.exe link is to a blog, not directly to a file. I believe this is okay by forum rules. I've attached the file to this post as well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wind1.zip (3.2 KB, 1178 views)

Last edited by Aalwein : 06-20-10 at 11:13 PM.